User testing , in practice
Nothing changes a designer, developer, or CEO’s mindset more than participating in usability testing with real users.
In this course, you will learn hands-on how to conduct usability tests correctly:
- Objectively improve the quality of your products;
- Bring objectivity to design discussions and create a rationale for decision-making;
- Gain buy-in from management to include more UX activities in projects.
- Focus on UX, UI, and Product Designers;
- UX Researchers who want to deepen their knowledge;
- UX Leads looking to improve the integration of testing into their projects.
Product Owners and Project Managers looking for the basics of how to test their products with their clients.
Tuesday – 09:30 to 17:30 Wednesday – 09:30 to 17:30
- Support slides for the presentation.
- Toolkit with templates, checklists, examples, reports, and support documentation.
- Professional training certificate.
- Understand the importance of focusing design on regular evaluations with real users.
- Learn how to prepare, conduct, and observe a usability test (in-person or remote).
- Know specific methods and tools complementary to traditional usability testing.
- Learn how to adjust the testing approach to the project at hand: nature, life cycle, constraints.
- Understand how to synthesize results, build feasible recommendations, and effectively communicate results.
Meet the team
A specialist in user research and human factors, what she truly loves is discovering how knowledge can help create solutions to simplify people’s lives. Her mission is to train professionals, using a human-centred approach, and to help organisations grow.
After reading the book The Design of Everyday Things, the usability “bug” never stopped growing, and she founded Tangível in 2004. Prior to this, for nearly two decades, her students heard her talk enthusiastically about user experience.
It would never have occurred to Vítor that, after graduating from his course in psychology, he would be returning to Coimbra as a UX Content Designer. After working in HR and communications, he found the perfect balance between his enjoyment of writing and his people-centric focus at Tangível (as well as colleagues every bit as eager as himself).
Maria started her career as a UX designer nearly a decade ago. In 2018, the course that she took in Content Design, in London, saw her passion for clear language transform into outright love. She is an instructor for the international UX-PM certification and a Scrabble addict.